11/14/2006

A request for help.....

Cathy would like our help. Her friend Jenn is going through what seems to be an unfathomable amount of tragedy. Last month her husband, 7 year old adopted son and 4 month old baby were killed in a car accident. How she is coping I do not know. She then found out she was pregnant; perhaps some solace in such a difficult time. This weekend, she lost that baby. All this would be horrible enough but this woman had already gone through the loss of her parents and brother in separate accidents and only last year dealt with cancer. All of this is just inconceivable to me. Cathy would like to make Jenn a blanket. It will not make the sorrow or grief go away but perhaps it could give her some small measure of comfort (and the ability to wrap all those positive energies and prayers around herself has to make some difference) in these terrible times. Knitters such as myself, Christine, Jamie, Samantha and Vicki know the healing energy and power these squares, turned into blankets, can have. She only needs some of us to make 1 square each (a total of 64 squares). I am confident that enough of us can spare a few hours and some healing energy to make this happen. Please go and volunteer. Thanks!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I owe you some squares for the warming grace project -- I am post office challenged and with the canadian postage I have to go in -- I will get them to you this week

Carole Knits said...

How awful. I'm sure I can help.

Lucia said...

OMG. That is so awful. Off I go to volunteer.

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh, that poor woman! I would love to help in any way I can. Nobody should have to deal with that much grief. She needs, as you say, to be able to wrap herself in good thoughts and kindness. I'm going to go sign up now.

Sorka said...

Unfathomable doesn't cover it. wow
I have a couple of squares already knit up and tucked away. I will see if one or more of them will work.
Denise
knitchat.com

Cathy said...

Thank you Cindy, and ALL of the volunteers, the kindness brings tears to my eyes! Knitters are truly wonderful people!

Dorothy said...

I've put my name in. Thanks for the heads up.

Catherine Kerth said...

i thought tragedy at that magnitude happened in the movies... or bad dreams... please sign me up! and tell me where to send it...

Samantha said...

Is there no mercy in the world these days? *sigh* :(

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I can't even imagine going thru such unbarable pain & sorrow she must being going thru right now. I have a lump in my throat that might stay with me for a long time. I'll see what I can do about signing up for a square (which seems like so little) ... ah, blessings to you for passing on the word.

Carole Knits said...

Hey there. It's been a long while since you've posted and I miss you. I hope you're okay.

knit_tgz said...

My God, that's a nightmare. I hope there are enough volunteers now. I will check, and if there aren't, I will volunteer, and I will keep her on my prayers.

authorthat said...

For the woman who has lost so much, my heart goes out to you for I understand loss. There can also be great joy and peace of the mind and heart beyond understanding of the natural. It is in truth, already within you. See & hear it from one whose coming was foretold long ago. See the witness of Ephrahim http://youtu.be/Pdri2hRgT04 My blog is my response to the world out of loss I spoke of, for I turned inward & received an answer I never had before. See www.authorthat.wordpress.com The Blogathon Philabuster. We are much more than we know.