- As of today, and because I have received so many requests wanting to make them and because I cannot deny the little boys their turn any longer, I will take any colour square. 5" squares, any pattern, in 100% soft cotton or wool. If you have already committed to making pink squares please do and hey if you want to make more please do so! NO square will be turned away.
- The Warming Grace Project will be open ended; that is as long as I keep receiving squares I will make blankets for the little tykes at Alberta's Childrens Hospital Oncology Wing.
- Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to sign up. Make sure that you have an email address that I can get back to you at. I am so excited about people signing up but it is so frustrating when I can't find you! And I want to find you!
- Any squares I receive by or on May 4 are eligible for the draw. You will be entered the same number of times as squares I receive. The draw has been a totally unexpected but beautiful gesture on the part of a number of people to be able to reward you for your willingness to participate. I know that the reward is just doing the squares (and for me that is such an amazing thing) but hey, the items are wonderful and the list has grown! As of today we have:
- 5 $100.00 gift certificates to Make 1 Yarns courtesy of Jamie and Adrienne, Grace's Dad and Mom;
- 1 $100.00 gift certificate to Make 1 Yarns courtesy of Make 1 Yarns;
- 1 skein of STR medium weight yarn in Lagoon and Pralines courtesy of Amanda;
- 1 skein of Handmaiden Sea Silk courtesy of me;
- 2 skeins of Koigu KPPPM courtesy of me;
- 1 skein of hand dyed, hand spun yarn courtesy of Celia;
- 1 set of "Gracemarkers" (stitchmarkers) courtesy of Janice;
- 1 handmade necklace courtesy of Joy
- 1 skein of hand dyed, hand spun yarn courtesy of Kelly; and
- 2 x 6mm (29" & 60") and 1 x 9mm (16") handmade wooden circular needles courtesy of Dorothy.
I am speechless. The number of participants, the draws, the sewing I am going to have to do! Actually I am also getting volunteers for sewing help - yea! I am going to do Grace's blanket all by myself (as a good Auntie should!) but I will definitely be getting some help with all the other blankies until things settle down to a nice steady pace (there is a part of me hoping that that never happens until the Oncology Wing is empty...)!