6/01/2006

Props to a Swap Pal who deserves it!!!

I got my Knitting Vacation Swap package in the mail yesterday. Woohoo! Dani was my swap pal and she did such a great job! I didn't make it easy for her; I have come to realize that these swaps are hard for me - I have no problem and in fact, love giving; I am not so good at asking or making a list of what I would like from others. So with no information or help on my part (even though she did try) Dani made herself so proud. The package was huge: 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces in Shepherd Sport - Jeans Colour (I do so love Lorna's and I will enjoy making socks in this colourway), a sock pattern from Lisa Knits, this wonderful felted bag (which my buddy Carole would kill me to get) which I may use as a small project bag - so trendy, a candle holder with three cups and of course candles to set inside the cups, a heart shaped bar of soap from the Body Shop, this cool little thing called an eggling which has a blooming flower inside (mine has Lobelia which I happen to looooooove), a knitting novel and best of all a package of Susan Bates double pointed metal needles in 4 sizes! Like 20 metal dpn's! I took such a great picture you can't see half the contents - way to go Cynthia! Holy crikey girl - you rock! I am overly exponentially excited about the needles - thank you! The whole package is over the top. I am over the top! Thank you so much Dani.

11 comments:

Catherine Kerth said...

i am an avid reader of dani's and i love that bag too! way to go cynthia, dani treated you right! :)

Anonymous said...

Great gift!

Packages are so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

As I told you earlier, I am SO happy you liked everything! You are such a warm and giving person, I wanted to be sure to give you back a bit of the kindness you share with others!

And just so you know, I pay Catherine to say nice things ;-)

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great package. What fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great package you received - enjoy all the goodies in it!

Lucia said...

Fabuloso! I recently bought some of that Jeans LL. It's a great colorway. And the bag is splendid.

Melissa said...

What a wonderful package. Love the LL and the bag.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely package! The bag is gorgeous : D

Miss Scarlett said...

Wonderful!
I love the generous spirit of this online knitting community!!
It can't be beat.
Wow.
Tomorrow I am heading into the 'city' so I plan to splash out on my SP8 & One Skein Pals - hee hee.
It is so much more fun than shopping for yourself.

Enjoy Cynthia!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I bet it was easy to be generous with you because you're so wonderfully generous yourself, Cindy. I love giving to someone who gets as excited as you do over what I make for 'em too. And you show your enthusiasm very well for everything you get from anybody. Gosh I even get excited when it's you that gets all those nice things & not me, LOL. Rock on girl!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..felted bag? I can't wait to see it this weekend. You better keep a close eye on me this weekend!

Talk soon,